1. Our legal basis for processing personal data
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described above will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we normally only collect personal data from you:
(i) if the processing is in our legitimate interest and is not overridden by your rights.
(ii) if we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also be required by law to collect personal information from you.
If we ask you to provide personal data in order to comply with a legal requirement, we will make this clear at the appropriate time and point out to you whether the provision of your personal data is mandatory or not.
2. We collect and use your personal data based on our legitimate interests or those of third parties in connection with:
• Our operation of our websites, we collect information about the use and interaction with our website in order to improve its functionality, personalization and security.
• Our provision of services and communication with you or our customers insofar as this is necessary for the provision of our services.
• Answering inquiries that you send to us.
• Marketing our databases or other services to relevant decision-makers through targeted campaigns.
• Detecting or preventing illegal activities and
• Our use of your data for the following purposes:
• Compilation and maintenance of our databases to ensure that our customers have access to the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and thereby ensure that they are in contact with influencers in a relevant, timely and targeted manner.
• To provide you with marketing information, regular news and other information that we find useful, interesting or relevant to your role as an influencer.
• Referring your personal data to customers of our databases, Public Relations and marketing experts, Public Relations agencies and corporate press offices and other users of our services when you submit an inquiry via our inquiry service.
To provide you with newsletters containing regular news, details about our products and services, latest blog content, industry news and any other information relating to or otherwise related to the above.
We may have other legitimate interests and, if necessary, will make it clear to you at the appropriate time which legitimate interests these are. If we process your data on the basis of our legitimate interests, we will consider any consequences or effects that they may have on you and not rely on legitimate interests if we believe that our interests are negatively affected by the Activities are outweighed on you.
If you have any questions or need more information about the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us using the contact details provided.
The contributors to our publications are in some cases investment professionals and may have a financial interest in the securities mentioned. All content contributed by these individuals is general in nature. However, entering into a transaction on a named company or security may be of little use to the author, his clients, or family members.
Any contribution by an investment professional to one of our publications is purely journalistic in order to provide consumers with more information when making informed decisions from a number of sources. Any content provided by our magazine contributors does not constitute specific investment advice and should not be treated as such.
If you request information about one of our magazines from a third party, a situation may arise in which the third party contributed to the editorials contained in this magazine. We pride ourselves on the objectivity of the articles published in our magazines, so we recommend that you exercise reasonable care when you choose to respond to recommendations from third parties. We are not liable for any loss caused by trading on third party promotional material.
4. Security of your data
We use suitable technical and organizational measures to protect the information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are intended to offer a level of security that is appropriate to the risk of processing your personal data.
For example, our websites and the Mybizpoint database are hosted in fully secure data centers, with intrusion protection and intrusion detection.
5. Data Retention
We store personal information that we collect from you when we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so. For example, as long as it is necessary to grant you or your employer access to our software or services, to maintain your profile as an influencer in our databases, to stay in contact with you about our services or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting matters Requirements. If you are an influencer, we will store your personal information until either
(a) You request us to stop processing this information in accordance with your data protection rights.
(b) You have not been working for a long time.
If we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal data, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible, store your personal data securely and isolate it for any further processing until deletion is possible.